Admission Requirements for Higher Education Institutions Vietnam
The admission requirements and procedure for higher education
in Vietnam varies depending on the level of studies - Undergraduate, Master’s or Doctorate.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Should have completed high school/upper secondary school- Must hold a secondary school graduation certificate or its equivalent
- Should have a GPA of 6.0 and above at the end of the 12th grade.
For Undergraduate Studies
Students must have graduated from upper secondary school and posses a secondary school graduation certificate or its equivalent.
For Graduate Studies
Students must hold a bachelor degree in order to gain admittance into master’s degree programme; and must hold a master’s degree in a related field for doctorate degree.
English Language Proficiency
Students must submit the TOEFL/IELTS scores- An IELTS score of 5.5 or above, or a TOEFL iBT score of 71 and above is acceptable
Vietnamese Language Proficiency
The Vietnamese language proficiency test
is taken by the Vietnamese Department of the University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Ho Chi Minh City. This tests proves the Vietnamese language proficiency level.
Students who wish to enter higher education must pass the national university entrance examination
. This examination consists of a set of six exams and passing of it leads to entry into the universities in Vietnam.
Students must take an admission application form from the institution he/she wishes to apply. You can download the form from the institution’s website.
Fill out the form completely and submit it along with the supporting documents to the concerned institution. Once you submit it, you may get a letter of receipt indicating that your application has been received.
The application is being examined carefully, If you’re selected, you’ll get an official offer letter.
To accept the offer, follow the steps-
Step 1: Read the Letter of Offer carefully, make sure that your name, programme title and semester are correctly mentioned.
Step 2: Fulfill all conditions stated on the offer letter.
Step 3: Sign the acceptance form and return it by email or fax.
Step 4: Pay the tuition fees
Upon receipt of the acceptance form and tuition fee payment, the institution will send an electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) for international students. Once you receive the CoE, you can apply for student visa
to enter Vietnam (if applicable) and also arrange for accommodation.
Following documents must be submitted along with the completed application form:
- A notarized copy of academic records in English or Vietnamese: High school degrees/diploma (for undergraduate studies), bachelor degree (for master’s); and master’s degree (for doctorate studies)
- Letter of recommendation: At least two letter of recommendation from an authorized individual from your home school or institution.
- Statement of Purpose: Should elucidate the reasons to study in this particular institution and course; what after this course; and what you hope to get out of the study abroad experience
- Copy of passport with visa page and 2 passport photos
- Institution Acceptance form: Should be completed filled and signed
- Proof of sufficient financial source to study abroad in Vietnam
- Health certificate: Indicating that you do not have any contagious disease or other illness
- Work experience certificate (if any)
- List of research works/journals (if any)
- Research proposal (for PhD/doctorate studies): Should include research topic, literature review, methodology, key research questions, and a list of references.
- For doctorate studies: Submit a synopsis of your Master thesis paper. It should be in English or Vietnamese
- Vietnamese proficiency certificate (if applicable)
- English language proficiency certificate: TOEFL or IELTS